About our centre
INSTITUTE OF REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
To persuade with our aim ‘Disability free India’, Chaitanya Hospital is stepping towards a new horizon making achievement to provide enhanced cell based therapies for clinical application of Autologous bone marrow derived mononuclear stem cells therapy.
Stem cell treatments are a type of cell therapy that introduces new cells into damaged tissue in order to treat a disease or injury. Stem cells are the original cells in the human body capable of forming any cell line or type of cell in the body.
This therapy is useful to treat chronic intractable diseases like Cerebral palsy, Brain haemorrhage and stroke, Spinal cord injury & Paraplegia, Autism, Parkinsonism, gangrene.
Regenerative medicine helps natural healing processes to work faster or uses special materials to re-grow missing or damaged tissues. We use regenerative medicines to speed up healing and to help heal injuries that cannot cure on their own.
Medical treatment is day by day becoming Innovative & modern and stem cells play an important role in developing new medical techniques. Till date 11 cases of various disorders like Cerebral palsy, Brain disorders due to Hypoxia, Wilson disease have been treated with stem cell therapy.
"Chaitanya Vaidyakiya Seva-Sanstha Va Sanshodhan Kendra":-
Our President of society, Dr.Anant Bagul started these operations taking inspiration & training from Dr.Adinarayan Rao. Dr.Bagul has operated about 2000 polio & non-polio patients with deformities and has achieved remarkable success.
Though operations done by society are free, medicines, plaster, calipers & other recurring expenses still needs donations by individual or groups or clubs. The Society needs donations as there are still large number of poor patients waiting for basic monitory help. We are also planning to hold camps in rural area, where help is most needed.
Modern medical science now has techniques of treatment with revolutionary advancement. For example, Vishakhapattanam Surgery Technique has made it possible to treat orthopaedically disabled children.
Most of the disabled children are poor and from rural places and cannot afford cost of treatment. Chaitanya has realized the need to establish a specialized centre dedicated for rehabilitation of disabled children along with multi - specialty hospital.
Infrastructure & Amenities: -
- Operation theatre with ultramodern equipments.
- Centrally computerized ICU [intensive care unit].
- X-ray department.
- Orthotics department.
- Physiotherapy department.
- 24 hours ambulance service.
- Hospital provides specialized services in General surgery, Gynecology, Neurosurgery, Medicine and Ophthalmology.
- 40 – Bedded fully equipped hospital.
Facilities Available: -
- Accident, Fracture , Orthopaedic Centre
- Advance Surgery For Polio, cerebral palsy and the disabled by Vishakhapattnam and Ilizaraov surgery
- General Surgery
- General Medicine including Intensive Care Unit
- Specialized Physiotherapy
- 'C' Arm (Image Intensifier)
- X - Ray
- Maternity Home
- 24 Hours Emergency and Ambulance Service
Aims & Objectives:-
- To establish a centre for Medical Treatment and rehabilitation providing calipers, Jaipur Foot and occupational rehabilitation of polio and disabled children especially from the weaker sections of the society.
- To set up Multi – disciplinary hospital institute and research centre of international standards for upliftment of poor, rural, disabled and needy patients.
- To conduct various medical projects aimed towards Rehabilitation of the poor disabled and needy patients.
- To conduct research works in medical field pharmacology and Continued Medical Education (C.M.E.) for doctors’ paramedical staff / workers, primary health workers etc.
- To undertake family planning projects.
- To conduct research work for inventing new medical instruments, new drugs for the benefit of poor and needy patients.